Sunday Jan. 17 – Enlightenment Day Potluck
As well as celebrating the anniversary of the Bhudda’s enlightenment we are also welcoming back our teacher from a 5 month sabbatical at the International Centre for Zen Research and the start of a new year. So much to celebrate! After our regular Sunday Dharma talk please join us for a potluck lunch and get to know the teachers and your fellow meditators. If you are able to contribute an item to the potluck it would be greatly appreciated. Please note all dishes should be vegetarian. If you only wish to come for the dharma talk and not stay after for the Potluck that is just fine also.
SUNDAYS @ 11:00am
Sangha Sunday – starting January 10 @ 11:00 am (please be punctual)
Looking to take your meditation practice a little deeper? Want to learn more about Buddhism? Join us on Sundays for a Dharma talk, discussion, some chanting and group mediations. Sundays will alternate between more formal Dharma talks and opportunities to practice your meditation.
- 1st and 3rd Sundays of the month are open to anyone that wants to meditate. This is an opportunity to anchor your practice and sit in a group setting. Individual instruction will be offered if requested.
- 2nd and 4th Sundays of the month offer a more formal Dharma talk, discussion, chanting, and a short group meditation. Dharma talks are explanations and discussions of important Buddhist texts.
If you want to attend Sunday Sanghas but have little meditation experience, please arrive 10-15 min early & let our teacher know so you can receive instructions before official start time.
TUESDAYS @ 7:30pm
Meditation Tuesdays – starting January 12, 2016.
If you’re new to meditation, don’t have much experience, or want to get back to basics, Tuesday’s class is perfect for you. Learn different meditation techniques in a relaxed, comfortable and easy-going setting.
Advanced Zen meditation starting Jan 12 for 4 weeks
Equanimity mediation starting Feb 9 for 4 weeks
Buddha meditation starting March 8 for 4 weeks
A FEW THINGS TO NOTE:
- We have meditation cushions and benches for you to use while with us However, if you have your own and would like to bring it, please do.
- Wear comfortable, loose/ stretchy clothing (meditating in skinny jeans is not fun, trust me).
- You may want to bring a sweater or shawl with you as the body tends to cool during meditation.
- All classes and services are run by cash donation in what ever amount you feel comfortable with.
We look forward to sitting with you!